Thursday, May 1, 2014

Groovy Kitchen Playlist

So, as my neighbors to the north with a view of my kitchen window can attest, this really is a groovy kitchen.  I love nothing more than to throw on my apron and some great tunes and bust out a couple moves while I make dinner.  I'm sure I give the neighbors a good laugh with their dinner every nite since I love to twist like it's 1953 and I consider the running man to be one of my best moves.  Hey, we can't all be Beyonce.  Anyways, here are my current top three albums to get your culinary groove on.

1.  The Gossip-The singer Beth Ditto has a powerful voice (I may have sung along into my spoon a time or two) and the beats beg to be danced to.


2.  Wild Belle- I acutally discovered these guys while listening to NPR in my kitchen (my go to when the MP3 player is dead).  They are a brother/sister duo.  The sis brings a sweet voice I feel I can somewhat replicate and the bro provides some awesome saxamaphone.  If a round of air sax doesn't bring a smile to your face then you need to work on your life.


3.  Matisyahu-I just love a little reggae beat in the kitchen, and all the better (at least weirder) when it is delivered by a Hasidic Jew.  I love the lyrics to Chop 'Em Down, totally speaks to modern society's destructive tendencies...or something deep like that.
 
 
Well, I'm off the practice my worm.  What are on your playlists right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment